January 24, 2023
Chinese New Year Social Media Competition
Happy Lunar New Year to all those who are celebrating! With the festival in full swing, we are running a global social media competition to find out how the Chinese New Year looks in your area.
We want to know how you’re celebrating the Chinese New Year with friends in Cambridge or Chelmsford! Whether you’re celebrating with friends at home, attending the Lion Dance on campus, or celebrating in any other way, grab your camera and share your celebrations with us to be in for a chance of winning up to $100 of vouchers (Australian Dollars).
The theme for your video should be “How Chinese New Year looks like overseas” for example, your daily life during the Chinese New Year, how you are celebrating the Chinese New Year in either Cambridge or Chelmsford, or what is happening in your area for the celebrations.
How to enter:
• Record your 2–5-minute video on celebrating the Chinese New Year in your study destination
• Ensure the video is filmed in portrait mode and that you’ve added English subtitles if necessary.
• Upload your video via the dropbox link and be sure to include your email address so we can contact you if you’re successful.
It’s as simple as that!
The deadline for submission is 31st January 2023 and terms and conditions are below:
Winners will be selected based on the following subjective criteria:
1. The video must be related to Chinese New Year at the study destinations, no political or racial issues are included.
2. The winner positions are determined by the viewing amount accumulated from the 3 selected social media platforms – Bilibili, Xiaohongshu and Douyin(Tik Tok).
3. Students should provide the correct email address as part the naming for the video. For any students failed to be contacted, the winning prize cannot be rewarded.
Based on the viewing amount, the top 3 would be rewarded for each division.
Prize (vouchers – Australian dollars)
1st – $100
2nd – $80
3rd – $60