New students: Arrangements for January 2022
ARU College is committed to supporting staff, students and applicants through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. While the UK has seen huge progress with regards to the vaccination programme, we continue to review all UK government guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students.
January 2022 intake
We are looking forward to greeting both new and returning students for our January intake. We must, however, continue to be mindful of the latest UK government guidance, which varies depending on whether you are travelling from a red list country, and whether or not you are fully vaccinated. You can read the latest guidelines here on what to do before you travel to the UK and what to do when you arrive, according to your individual circumstances.
- Travel to England from another country
- Red list countries
- How to quarantine after international travel
Travelling from a country on the red list
Managed quarantine hotel accommodation is required for students who travel from, or through, a country on the government red list (at the time of travel).
Before you travel to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test – you must take the test in the two days before you travel to England
- book a quarantine hotel package, including two COVID-19 tests
- complete a passenger locator form
When you arrive in England, you must quarantine in a managed hotel and take two COVID-19 tests.
You must do this even if you are fully vaccinated.
Travelling from a country not on the red list
If you’re fully vaccinated, you must take a COVID-19 PCR test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England. If the test result is negative, you can end your quarantine immediately. If your test result is positive, you must self-isolate for 10 full days.
If you are not fully vaccinated, you must quarantine for 10 full days.
To support international students travelling to the UK for our intake in January 2022, we will refund £1,000 of the quarantine fee outlined by the UK government’s latest quarantine travel guidance.
Managed quarantine hotel accommodation is only required for students who travel from, or through, a country on the government red list (at the time of travel) and so is not relevant to all. Please carefully review terms and conditions stated below.
- Applicable for new students joining ARU College in January 2022.
- ARU College will only refund the cost for the student, not for any partners, spouses or dependents.
- Only applicable to new students arriving in the UK from a red list country (as stated by gov.uk on their date of travel).
- Full deposit payment must be received by the college payment deadline (or 17 January 2022, whichever is sooner) in order to be eligible for the claim.
- Discount will be applied to second semester fees. If studying a one-semester programme, you will receive a refund of the £1,000 at the end of your semester.
- No upfront reimbursement or cash alternative will be offered.
- A receipt, evidencing the full payment for UK government-managed quarantine facility, must be provided in support of the claim.
- Students must arrive in the UK and enrol (in-person or online) by the final enrolment deadline.
- This quarantine package can be combined with another Navitas/college scholarship.
All new international students who are studying on a visa must arrive in the UK by the start of Trimester 2 and would be required to be on campus to complete registration.