Study in a world-famous academic city
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) is one of the largest universities in the east of England with campuses in two exciting UK cities. Outside of its record of academic success, ARU provides a very welcoming and supportive atmosphere for students. Both Cambridge and Chelmsford offer a relatively small city environment, providing safe surroundings alongside an atmosphere perfectly suited to study. Cambridge is internationally renowned as a centre of learning. The historic city centre is surrounded by beautiful parks, commons, and courtyards, making it one of the most beautiful cities in the UK.
Renowned for the employability of its graduates, ARU is committed to providing its students with the very best career advice from the beginning of their course. To enhance employment prospects, the university has created partnerships with some of the UK’s most prestigious and successful businesses. The university has a dedicated careers and employability team to support with finding part-time and temporary work around your studies, as well as providing career advice and guidance. ARU was named top in the East of England for Graduate Employability in 2021 (HESA). The university runs an Employer Mentoring Scheme (EMS), matching second-year students with employees from local organisations, who provide business mentoring.
5 reason why students have chosen ARU
- A long history in providing education and internationally recognised degrees: established in 1858 as the Cambridge School of Art, ARU provides degrees in over 100 academic areas to over 35,000 full and part-time students.
- Academics involved in industry: ARU teaching staff are involved in or are from the industry related to the subject they teach, keeping you up to date with the latest developments in your academic area.
- Award winning students: students regularly win industry awards in events such as the IBM Universities Business Challenge and the National Client Interviewing Competition at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice. Students from the Cambridge School of Art consistently win top national and international prizes.
- State–of–the–art facilities: ARU have invested £115m on facilities over the last five years. These include forensic crime labs, a mock courtroom, sports science labs and a Bloomberg Trading Floor.
- Truly international campuses: 38.8% of the ARU student body are international students (Times Higher Education 2022)