Study in a world famous academic city
ARU is one of the largest universities in the east of England, with campuses in two of the UK’s most exciting cities, Cambridge and Chelmsford. Renowned for the employability of its graduates, ARU is committed to providing its students with the very best career advice from the beginning of their course. In order to enhance employment prospects, the university has created partnerships with some of the UK’s most prestigious and successful businesses. Outside of its record of academic success, ARU also provides a very welcoming and supportive atmosphere for students. Both Cambridge and Chelmsford offer a relatively small city environment, providing safe surroundings alongside an atmosphere perfectly suited to study.
Here are some of the many reasons students have chosen to study at ARU:
- A long history in providing education and internationally recognised degrees: established in 1858 as the Cambridge School of Art, ARU provides degrees in over 100 academic areas to over 35,000 full and part-time students.
- ARU are 5th in England and top in our region for UK undergraduates in employment or further study 15 months after graduating.
- Academics involved in industry: ARU teaching staff are involved in or are from the industry related to the subject they teach, keeping you up to date with the latest developments in your academic area.
- Award winning students: students regularly win industry awards in events such as the IBM Universities Business Challenge and the National Client Interviewing Competition at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice. Students from the Cambridge School of Art consistently win top national and international prizes.
- Employer Mentoring Scheme (EMS): the University runs an Employer Mentoring Scheme (EMS), matching second-year students with employees from local organisations, who provide business mentoring.
- State–of–the–art facilities: ARU has spent £80 million updating its facilities. These include forensic crime labs, University Eye Clinic, a mock courtroom, sports science labs and a Bloomberg Trading Floor.
- Truly international campuses: one in five students come from outside the UK to study at ARU.