At ARU College we believe that excellent campus facilities are essential in providing the support and resources required to make the most of your studies. In the last five years ARU has invested over £80 million in campus developments, with a further £124 million planned over the next 5 years. Among the specialist facilities are:
- a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit;
- 4 University Libraries (including an extensive Digital Library in addition to our on-site print collections);
- a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios;
- a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory;
- a University Eye Clinic;
- simulated hospital wards and operating theatres;
- bespoke counselling rooms;
- the 266 seat Mumford Theatre;
- 2 art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its ground-breaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford;
- a mock courtroom, for our Law students;
- a state-of-the-art Language Centre; and
- Multimedia Language Laboratories.
For up-to-date information about ARU’s redevelopment project, visit the ARU New Spaces website.
Sporting facilities, art galleries, TV studio equipment and much more!
- Our East Road campus hosts a new gym for students, staff and alumni, which is just 183 metres from the city’s Parkside swimming pool and the Kelsey Kerridge sports centre. Anglia Ruskin students also have use of three football pitches and a rugby pitch
- An industry standard, fully-equipped 3-camera TV studio with a full lighting rig, professional-standard gallery, complete with mixer, autocue and more!
- The new FDM_Xperimental suite of animation and visual effects facilities for both internal and external projects.