English proficiency test
ARU’s English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) provides an excellent opportunity to provide evidence of your English level to apply to study at ARU College and ARU.
- The ELPT has been developed to evaluate your level of English for undergraduate or postgraduate study. It is accepted by the University as an alternative to IELTS as proof of your English level and meets the visa requirements for the UK Visa Immigration (UKVI).
- The ELPT test is held at our Cambridge and Chelmsford campuses. ELPT tests are also held overseas in a number of countries, contact us to find out more.
- Please visit https://aru.ac.uk/international/english-language-support/english-language-proficiency-test for further details including costs.
- The ELPT has been designed to evaluate your level of English for academic study. The test consists of four sections; reading, listening, writing and speaking. You will be given a mark for each of these sections, as well as an overall mark. The pass mark is 55% in each section. All the components will be taken on the same day and the test should take approximately up to 3–4 hours to complete.
- This test can be used when applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at ARU College and ARU.
The ELPT cannot be used for entry onto Pre-sessional English courses.
- To book your ELPT test, please follow this link: https://www.aru.ac.uk/international/english-language-support/english-language-proficiency-test