Our undergraduate pathways provide you with the building blocks that you need in order to be successful at undergraduate studies in the UK.
Our foundation pathway, or stage 1 as we refer to it, is a 2 trimester course. This means that your degree will take 4 years to complete. During Stage 1 you will complete a range of modules relevant to your chosen degree, as well as modules concentrating on the skills that are vital for University level education such as Critical Thinking.
A Foundation pathway is available for students who:
- don’t meet the entry requirements to enter university level study directly (but hold GCSE level qualifications)
- feel that additional support at the start of university studies will help them stand a better chance of success
- have been away from studies for a period of time
- come from a different academic environment to that of the UK
- require additional English language training
If you fall into any of the above categories, choosing an undergraduate pathway at ARU College is the right decision. Depending on your academic needs here at ARU College we have two pathway entry points available, foundation and first year pathway.
Progressing from Foundation
Stage 1 will be the first stage in the 4 stage process. Meaning that on successful completion of stage 1 you will seamlessly progress to stage 2, which is the first year of a bachelor’s degree. There is no need to reapply, you will simply just progress between each stage until you reach the final stage and graduate with a degree from ARU.
Information about available courses, intake semesters and campus location can be found in our course matrices.