Navitas family bursaries
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a Navitas member institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
- The Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family* study at a Navitas institution. The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for one program only with a Navitas member institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- For Diploma students, the bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fees for the first attempt at units in the program of study† (excluding mixed English option).
- For Certificate students, the bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for the first attempt at units in the program of study (excluding mixed English options).
- Students must pay the full amount for half their course as shown on their Letter of Offer in order to confirm their place at the Navitas Institution to which they have applied. If the student remains enrolled at the institution, at the end of the week 4 of their first semester, 10% of their tuition fee paid will be credited to the student. The balance of the bursary is credited to the eligible students’s tuition account in the second and subsequent semesters. (The amount credited will be calculated on the actual number of units studied).
- The maximum value of the family bursary is 10% of the tuition fees for the first attempt of units in the program of study regardless of the number of family members who have studied with Navitas institutions.
- A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents such as a birth certificate or family card.
- The General Manager or the Director Finance Administration will approve the award of a family bursary and authorise the accountant to process the relevant adjustments.
*For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a brother, sister, stepsister, stepbrother, mother, father, son, daughter, stepchild, husband or wife.
- Some subject exclusions may apply.
- The Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas member institutions.
- Diploma programs may also be known or registered as Undergraduate pathway, University Transfer Program Stage II or University Pathways Program (UPP), First Year Degree
(Stage 2). Certificate programs may also be known or registered a Foundation Studies, University Transfer Program Stage I or University Foundation (Stage 1).
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, ARU College, Deakin College, Deakin College Jakarta, ECC, Eynesbury College, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, The College Swansea University, La Trobe College Australia, LBIC, NIC, UPIC, SAIBT, SIBT, UNIC, Twente Pathway College, The Hague Pathway College, University of Leicester GSC, Lancaster University Leipzig, Florida Atlantic University GSSP, Richard Bland College of William & Mary GSSP, University of Idaho GSSP, UMass Boston ISSP, UMass Dartmouth GSP, UMass Lowell GSSP, University of New Hampshire GSSP, Virginia Commonwealther University GSSP.
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
Navitas academic merit scholarship
The Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each semester to the most outstanding results from two students across all programs at a Navitas Pathway College or Managed Campus.
The scholarships are one academic semester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects) for a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA) or Undergraduate pathway program (UK) at a Navitas college or one academic semester of foundation or undergraduate study at La Trobe University Sydney Campus, Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus or one academic semester of a Master’s program at Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus.
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be recipient’s responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the semester.
- Be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA), Undergraduate pathway program (UK), University Foundation or Bachelor Degree program (Australia) or Master’s programs (Australia);
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrollment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Two scholarships are awarded each semester.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subjects/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore, ARU College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, Macquarie City Campus, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PUIC, PIBT, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance.
All terms and conditions are correct as at 2 July 2014 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Pty Ltd.